Home physiotherapy is a great option for minor injuries. I have had my fair share (but not all) of these injuries. The knee and my back are two of the most commonly injured parts of the body, so I’ll just focus on these.
Physical therapists (physiotherapists) are typically very busy. You might have to wait weeks for your injury to be treated if it isn’t serious.
This could lead to stiffness and muscle loss, which could make your injury worse and prolong your recovery. These simple exercises help to keep your muscles moving.You likely have some level of pain from the injury Online Consultation.
You need to be alert for two types of pain:
Stiffness causes pain. You will find it manageable during your physiotherapy sessions. It will eventually go away. This pain is normal and can be continued.
Pain due to damage. Unbearable for many days. Stop exercising immediately. Your muscles may not be ready for work yet. Continue with R.I.C.E.
Write a plan. This is the best way of doing physiotherapy. After each exercise, record the pain response. The intensity of your pain may dictate how many exercises are performed.
Your muscles are still in a delicate condition so be mindful of the quality of your movements. You can visualize your muscle during exercise by being slow and steady.
Physiotherapy exercises that target your back
- Lie flat on your stomach, with your knees bent.Tilt your hips backwards and slightly arch you back. The first movement leads into the second. Next, relax your hips and keep your bottom on contact with the floor. Your lower back and hips will push down into the floor.
- Now lie down on your back, keeping both of your legs straight.Reach your left knee towards your chest and hold your thigh or top of the knee. Continue to stretch for 10 seconds. Slowly let go. You can do the same thing with your right leg.
- You will lie on your stomach, with your chin down on the floor.Place your hands beside your head and bend your arms. Keep your elbows tucked into your body. Slowly lift your head, keeping your hips on a flat surface so that your back is straight ahead. Let your arms support the weight. Relax slowly.
- Standing straight up, keep your arms in front of you.As you bend to the right, slide your right-hand down your leg. Slowly get up again and relax. Repeat on your left side.
Exercises for your knee physiotherapy:
- Place your legs straight forward on the ground.Place your left hand under your left knee. Place your left hand below your left knee. Hold for 10 seconds. Repeat the procedure with your right foot.
- If the above exercise seems too difficult, you can try this alternative: Place a folded pillow below your knee.While lowering your heel, keep your knee on a pillow.
- Keep your front flat and keep both your legs straight.Slowly bend you left knee. Hold the position for five seconds. Slowly straighten one knee. You can repeat the process with your right side.
- Lie down on your back.One knee bent, the other straight. Lift the straight leg about 1 foot. Hold this position for five seconds. Repeat the exercise with the opposite leg.
These physiotherapy exercise should only be used in conjunction of professional care. You should consult your doctor first if you feel pain from an accident.
These physiotherapy exercise can still be completed even if the injury is not serious. You can avoid common injuries in some parts of the body. You should add the specific exercise to your workout at minimum once a week.